Saturday, January 26, 2013

POW!

That moment in time. It rushes over you, sets you spinning, makes you close your eyes and hold your breath. For a time, you see only darkness and hear only questions.

One of those moments came to us this week. My son texted me with... call me asap. Suddenly, the biopsy that occurred the week before jumped to my heart. The news....my 30 year old daughter in law, mother of a 6, 4, and 1 year old and 18 weeks pregnant with her 4th was diagnosed with breast cancer. Take any of those statements out into isolation and it is scary....put them all together and the news is unbelievable. Crazy. Insane. Horrific.

Suddenly the miles between us feel more like universes. So, what to do you? How do you handle it?

Me? I call out. I pull to my faith and to God. I drop to my knees and I ask others to join me. I go to His word. I surrender to His will and trust that He prepared us. He knew it was coming.

And that's when you feel it. This calm, and peace. Strength. Love. A little light begins to break the darkness. The questions still there, but a feeling of I'll take today. I will walk through today, then tomorrow, then tomorrow, and so on. I'll trust.

I watched my daughter in law exhale and saw her gather her strength. She pulled from her wisdom and began to seek, plan and walk through it. She pulled out her humor, her perseverance and she faced the journey. She created a page on facebook. If you want to join in on the journey she called it "A lump and a bump". I tried to link it but it isn't working. God doesn't show up mild and meek. He shows up BIG and mighty. I see that in the number of supporters, the "Jesus' in disguise", the words they use. I see that in the change in our resolve. I see that in the strangers who reach out to us. For me, there is no doubt. This journey will be long, hard, and it will have moments just like when it began. Moments that leave us spinning....but He will keep showing up. (Not that He will ever leave, we just seem to lose sight of Him when we place our eyes on the situation) He will calm the storms. He will take our hands. We shall see miracles! The morning after the news. I opened my devotional. The scripture was Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

Could the promise be any better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have some feedback. Let me know what you love...and let me know what you don't.